Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$name_download in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/controller.php on line 40

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$name_download in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/controller.php on line 43

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$name_download in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/controller.php on line 44

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/includes/c_location.php on line 69

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/includes/c_location.php on line 74

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/includes/c_location.php on line 289

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/includes/c_location.php on line 297
Regensburger Touristen Guide « : Schloss St Emmeram
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$kat_beschr_download in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/includes/rechte_spalte.php on line 23
bitte wählen Sie die Sprache
Current position: » Schloss St Emmeram
Regensburg: St. Emmeram Castle

Regensburg: St. Emmeram Castle
The former abbey and Benedictine monastery at St. Emmeram has been owned by the Thurn & Taxis princely family since 1812. The royal family moved to Regensburg in 1748 to represent the emperor for the ‘perpetual Reichstag’. After the old empire was dissolved, Prince Karl Alexander received the monastery as partial compensation for the rights to the Bavarian postal system. During the 19th century, rooms were added on and altered to create one of the largest private residences in Europe. The museum area of the castle, cloister, royal stables and treasure chamber show a comprehensive insight to 1000 years of monastery tradition, as well as 500 years of history to of one of the most important royalties in Europe. Experience the cloisters with its medieval fl air, or enjoy the splendor of the rococo castle and European craftsmanship in the treasure chambers. The royal stables, which were originally constructed in 1827, now are home to the carriage museum. With over 70 vehicles and carriages, it is the last remaining royal fl eet in the world. Viewing only with guided tour: Daily 11:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00 Sat., Sun., 10:00 as well on holidays Info: www.thurnundtaxis.de or Tel. (+49) 941/ 5048 133

  • View on the map
  • Address & opening times
Regensburg Tourist Guide

Free Download - get it now!



You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read and print these documents. Click here to download this free program.