Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$name_download in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/controller.php on line 40

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$name_download in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/controller.php on line 43

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$name_download in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/controller.php on line 44

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/includes/c_location.php on line 69

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/includes/c_location.php on line 74

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/includes/c_location.php on line 289

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/includes/c_location.php on line 297
Regensburger Touristen Guide « : Dom St Peter
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$kat_beschr_download in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/includes/rechte_spalte.php on line 23
bitte wählen Sie die Sprache
Current position: » Dom St Peter
Regensburg: St. Peters Cathedral

Regensburg: St. Peters Cathedral
The fi rst church stood on the grounds of the present St. Peters Cathedral, in as early as 700 AD. After a fi re burned down the fi rst cathedral, construction began in 1273 to begin the fi rst stages of the structure we now see today. The new cathedral however, was fi rst fi nished 600 years later in 1870/72 to its present form. The famous 105 meter tall spires were only fi nished in the last 10 years of the construction. Inside the cathedral you can see the famous four part „Annunciation Group“ with the „Erminold Maria“. It refers back to the alleged Erminoldmeister, who carved out and colorfully painted a fi gure of Mary and the famous laughing angel Gabriel in about 1280. On the two western pillars, the fi gures are juxtaposed to one another at the nave crossing. Mary‘s right hand is raised slightly to greet the angel. Her index fi nger is pointing in a book in her left hand. St. Peter and Paul are portrayed in stone on the eastern pillars of the crossing, which were constructed in 1320 and 1360-1370 respectively. And since 2009, the cathedral now houses the largest free-hanging organ in the world, controlled by 80 register stops. OPENING HOURS: April - October 6:30-18:00; November to March 6:30-17:00 9 Regensburger Dom CATHEDRAL TREASURES The church riches have both fl ourished and dwindled since the 10th century; many objects were added to the collection and many sold to fi nance the cathedral’s construction. A special guided tour will reveal its many valuable relics and liturgical artifacts.

  • View on the map
  • Address & opening times
Regensburg Tourist Guide

Free Download - get it now!



You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read and print these documents. Click here to download this free program.