Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$name_download in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/controller.php on line 40

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$name_download in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/controller.php on line 43

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$name_download in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/controller.php on line 44

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/includes/c_location.php on line 69

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/includes/c_location.php on line 74

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/includes/c_location.php on line 289

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/includes/c_location.php on line 297
Regensburger Touristen Guide « : Dreifaltigkeitsberg
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$kat_beschr_download in /var/www/vhosts/regensburger-touristen-guide.de/httpdocs/includes/rechte_spalte.php on line 23
bitte wählen Sie die Sprache
Current position: » Dreifaltigkeitsberg
Regensburg: Holy Trinity Mountain

Regensburg: Holy Trinity Mountain
The city district of ‘Steinweg-Pfaffenstein’ is home to Dreifaltigkeitsberg (Holy Trinity Mountain), also known as Osterberg (Easter Mountain). Dreifaltigkeitsweg, a path from Steinweg, leads up the mountain to the Church of the Saints of Trinity (Dreifaltigkeitskirche). Deciduous trees line the ‘Kreuzweg” with 14 beautiful shrines illustrating the Passion of Christ - bas-reliefs done on gold backgrounds. The cross pillars have the names of their benefactors and originate from 1845. From atop the hill, there is a gorgeous view of the city with St. Peters Cathedral and all of its surroundings. A cemetery borders the Church of Holy Trinity here on the hilltop. When the last outbreak of the Plague reached Regensburg in 1713, the residents of Steinweg and Stadtamhof built a church here in an effort to avert this Godly punishment. The foundation was laid in the midst of the Plagues rage and was finished in 1715. Highlights of the church include the retral ceiling paintings, the tombstone of Michael Schlecht, the Plague memorial, the baptismal font, the gothic stone relief of the cross, confession boxes (1732-35), and the Pieta from 1717. The altar pictures were painted by the renowned Johann Gebhardt from Prüfening in the early 18th century. The ceiling fresco was painted more recently by Karl Manninger in 1961.

  • View on the map
  • Address & opening times
Regensburg Tourist Guide

Free Download - get it now!



You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read and print these documents. Click here to download this free program.